Friday, August 20, 2010

Ann Arbor, MIchigan Baby and Child Photographer | The Petting Farm

My sister-in-law and I took the kids to the petting farm the other day. The weather was PERFECT! I decided to take my camera along to capture some fun moments that I usually just get with my camera phone. I was nervous...I never have taken my camera out with both girls solo...I mean out out where I left my camera bag in the car. I just decided I really want petting farm photos and I am going to just have to do it! I guess people don't understand why I don't bring it everywhere, so let me explain...my camera weighs almost 2 pounds and my lens weighs about 1 pound and then if I bring a 2nd len (which I always do) that is another pound to carry. I always joke that it's my 3rd baby - I just have to change batteries and feed it memory cards ;) Not only is it heavy- it's big and with my two crazy kids someone is getting bumped with the lens at least once. I also have to worry about where it is at all times and with a 1 year old and 3 year old I have other matters on my mind! Also- it was mid day. The dreaded shooting in FULL sun...not a time photographers choose to shoot. You know what though- I really got experience in full sun and I had fun doing it. I really enjoy capturing the "craziness" of life and I love these vivid colors and sharpness. So my lesson learned this day was that I am going to test myself more often and push myself, because when I do I get results like these:


children portraits and baby in Ann Arbor, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment